Game Format and Rules
There will be a total of eight 15-minute debates.
- Chief residents presenting will have a total of five (5) minutes to present.
- Four (4) minutes initial presentation
- One (1) minute rebuttal
- The "pro" view will present first; the "con" view will follow.
- Participants must follow time restrictions.
- Theatrics are allowed, but must not be excessive.
- Props are NOT allowed.
- Residents may use a maximum of five PowerPoint slides in their argument and three for their rebuttal.
- Residents must stay until the end of the program.
- The judges must be impartial.
- The judges shall try to avoid interacting with the chief residents prior to the Debate.
- Persuasiveness, data, quality and forcefulness of the presentation shall determine the winners, not the correctness of the position as judged by conventional practice. A score sheet for the judges will be provided.
- The judges may disqualify participants if the Rules of Engagement are not followed.
- The judges have only two minute per presentation to cast his/her judgment.